Friday, September 12, 2008

Final Flight for 703FE

I was able to deliver tail #703 to its final home yesterday. After a very long 6 hour flight we gave the old bird a very cool flyby of the corporate office. I have quite a few hours in this aircraft and it's demise was a rather sad one. However the flyby was pure adrenaline. At the time of passing the cameras we were moving across the ground at about 260 miles per hour then gave a great pull up with a sharp turn just to top it off. Very cool indeed!! Goodbye #703!!!







4 comments:

Mike and Becky said...

too cool. but yes very sad.mike

Megan Andersen said...

Why goodbye? Is she retiring?

g said said...

man, wish i coulda been riding jumpseat with you. that must have been awesome!

Texas Welch's said...

To answer Megan's question, Yes it was the retirement flight for #703. It was my first but not my last flight to retire an aircraft. I think there is another one set to retire after the first of the year that I will be taking up to Idaho as well.

Clayton