Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just a little bit of rain today







The weather over the past 18 hours has been pretty interesting in Fort Worth. Last night the Gods of rain, flooding, and tornado's were in full effect. The evening went from nice and calm to a complete onslaught from the clouds. We lost power a few times and even had the tornado sirens going off during one of the outages. Pretty cool.

For some of you that have been to our house you know we have this little creek just down at the end of the street. That little creek is as I speak is significantly larger than I have ever seen it. Notice I said "as I speak" because just a few hours ago it was simply put, a massive flow of water. I took some pictures as a before and after kinda thing. Even the after flow is significantly increased from the usual tiny stream that is back there. This would qualify as perfect example of flash flooding from my standpoint.

Just a little interesting thing I thought I would share.

Clayton

2 comments:

meg said said...

So cool. I love the before and after pics! I'm jealous about the tornado sirens . . . I miss that about Kansas City. No tornados here in New York! Come visit.

Megan Andersen said...

I bet your kids just thought that was so exciting!