Wednesday, December 30, 2009

White Christmas in Texas!






I have lived in Texas for almost 30 years and I can not remember a year where we actually had snow on the ground on Christmas. The day before Christmas Eve the high was 73 degrees and the kids were outside in shorts. Christmas Eve comes and it starts snowing. I thought there was no way that it would stick because it was so hot the day before. Well it stuck. The roads ended up being very icy. My brother had a hard time getting in Christmas Eve from Dallas which took him 3 hours, he ended up spending the night on the couch. My sister didn't even attempt to journey out. By nightfall most roads were closed. Texas wasn't ready for this storm. The kids sure did enjoy it. Matthew said "it snowing for Santa."

2 comments:

caseyandmelody said...

wow! that looks like so much fun! I'll bet the kids really loved it. it never snowed on christmas all the years we lived there, either. What a nice gift!

caseyandmelody said...

I don't know how that happened, but that comment was made by me (Colleen)