Friday, May 8, 2009

Clay is off traveling the world.

I have not made many post lately because Clay has been gone delivering a plane to Kenya and took the camera to document all of the amazing places that he is seeing. This is Clay's first trip over seas and I have been so excited for him. It has been hard on my end though. Usually when he is gone I can talk with him on the phone on via Skype. I have had a hard time tracking his flight since he left Canada. The hardest time for me was when I did not hear from him for about 36 hours. As a women things race through your head, did his plane crash or is he being held hostage in some foreign country. Finally I receive a text and it is amazing how dear to my heart I hold those text. I read them over again to reassure myself that he is ok.
I am used to him traveling, but this is his first time over seas with little communication. I am reminded of the days when we were first married. I would worry every time he flew wondering if he would make it home alive and not able to sleep. You finally get used to the fact and trust in his ability to fly and know that he has a bigger possibility of dieing just driving to the airport. I know with each trip he makes it will get better and that I will be able to know in my heart at all times that things are well and that it will just be another day.
For now, I have not talked with Clay for 4 days on the phone. I have received 3 texted messages. I love him so dearly and know that this is just as hard on me as it is on me. He is doing this for the love of his family and for flying.
These are just my thoughts and feelings at this time and just wanted to write it down so I could remember how I was feeling on his first of many trips over seas. I love you Clay and the drive you have for flying. Many post are soon to come of his first amazing trip over seas!!!



2 comments:

Alison said...

wow, i don't know how you do it! you are a strong woman, that is for sure!

g said said...

for gnarly conditions, i'd want this seasoned flyboy in my cockpit. can't wait to hear about the latest adventure!