Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kenya trip.

As some of you know I was given the opportunity to take an F to Kenya this past week. I can't say enough about how this trip has truly changed my outlook on life. The challenges presented were incredible, the flying conditions extreme to the tenth degree, and the learning and appreciation for what we have here in the states was profound.

My experienced ranged from mechanical difficulties and having to gamble a bit on the plane over the far far North Atlantic, or not knowing how I was going to get out of western Somalia without being "detained". Then there was seeing Scotland and how it was exactly as I had imagined it to be, right out of BraveHeart.

I will wait to post a truly detailed story of the journey for about a week. My photos that were taken were only a third of those actually taken. The other two guys are sending me some disks of their pics. After I sort them out I will make a big post with all the crazy stories that I'm sure you will think I'm embellishing about.

I've tried to upload some pictures but for some reason they are not uploading from the hotel. Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that after being gone for two weeks I was home for a solid 8 hours before having to go back back to work at Empire for the week. Luckily I'll be home for abut 10 days coming Friday. Crazy month for travel so far I wonder how the rest of the month is going to go......

Clayton


3 comments:

cswelchkins said...

Welcome back to the USA! Its always good to step back on home soil after a long overseas trip. I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures. I'll see you this weekend and we can catch up again. Love you! Mom

caseyandmelody said...

GLAD TO HEAR YOU MADE IT BACK OK BRO!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS SOON!

g said said...

this wait is killin' me smalls