Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindergarten







The day has arrived, my son is in Kindergarten!!! After the meet and greet with the teacher last Thursday Matthew was very concerned over the lack of toys in the classroom and I had to explain to him that he was going to learn at school and by the end of the year he would be able to read. We woke up early this morning and had pancakes and sausage for breakfast. We walked to school and it was such a sweet feeling to just watch him walking along with his friends. Each morning Matthew will gather with his class in the cafeteria and place his lunch in a bucket with his teachers name on it. I thought I would not get choked up but I did when the bell rang and we started to walk with him to his class. I got him situated and then he said "Bye mommy I love you." He is going to have so much fun this year and I am looking forward to seeing just how much he learns.
On a side note Matthew has his first wiggly tooth!!!

4 comments:

Alison said...

aww he looks so cute wearing his backpack...that will definately be a day to remember...i know i will be the crazy crying mom dropping her kid off for her first day of school...

x said...

Good luck Matthew!

Texas Welch's said...

Those are great pictures of our little guy growing up. Now we have both our kids in school. Very exiting times.

Clayton

Megan Andersen said...

Isn't that how it goes...they play...mommy cries!