Thursday, September 10, 2009

Flips



I was watching Matthew jump on the trampoline and to my surprise I see him doing flips. I was astonished that he picked this trick up without my knowledge. He told me that "Paul taught me." I guess at this stage in his life he is going to start learning all types of things rather they are good or bad.
Friday Clay and I went to pick Mathew up from school and he was crying because another kid had punched him in the face. At first the teacher seemed to not even reprimand the child, but after an email from Clay the child ended up having a parent meeting with the Principal. Matthew did not come away scared from the situation, but I can't even imagine what he has encounter in the up coming years at school.
At dinner one night Matthew went on and on about a pretty girl in his class and how she wears pretty dresses and that she is so pretty. The next day Matthew pointed her out to his Dad and his new crush for the year is Lilah.
He has just started to understand that letters make up words and is able to tell you that ice cream truck starts with i. He loves to watch Ice Road Truckers and recreate what the truckers are doing. His favorite trucker is Lisa Kelly. He really enjoys drawing. I am amazed at the improvement in his drawing technique (I will post some pictures soon). He is an amazing 5 year old boy.

2 comments:

Alison said...

poor kid getting punched!! good thing he is tough. who is this kid that punched him? name? i will hunt him down!!

Megan Andersen said...

I remember those days of jumping on the tramp endlessly...now I can't even jump for five minutes before I have peed my pants & my back hurts! Aging sucks!!