Sunday, November 2, 2008

Old Town of White Knob






On our last day in Idaho we went up to the old mining town of White Knob. This was my favorite part of the trip. I have always thought that it would be amazing to live in these era. I know that times were more difficult yet it was a time so simple and without the distractions and worldly things of today. I love old rickety buildings and imagining what this town used to be while they were busy mining. There were trails with cabins that had fallen to the ground because of the weight of the snow. Matthew was afraid to go into the old buildings. As you sat and listened you could hear the metal of the buildings screeching in the wind. The best part was the breath taking view from the top of the town of Mackey where my Grandparents live.

No comments: